The Employee Withholding Certificate, commonly known as the Form W-4, is an IRS form used by an employer to withhold the correct federal income tax from an employee’s pay. In this practical webinar, you will learn about the changes to withholding computations for the 2021 W-4.
Among other things, you will explore the various methods used to compute withholding and the new IRS Publication 15-T – Federal Income Tax Withholding Methods. You will also receive detailed information that payroll professionals need to know now in order to remain compliant in 2021.
This webinar will cover the changes to the W-4, who must provide the employer with the Form, the method used to compute withholding, the new IRS Publication 15-T – Federal Income Tax Withholding Methods and other information payroll professionals need to know now to stay in compliance in 2021.
- The legal requirement that the employer withhold income tax from employee compensation
- Information provided on the W-4 and how it is used
- W-4 line by line
- How to compute withholding for the W-4 and year W-4 Forms still in effect
- The new withholding tables – How and when to use them. Example computations
- The special instructions for non-resident aliens
- State withholding certificates
- When employees are required to revise W-4 Forms
- Requirements for electronic W-4 Forms
- Penalties for failing to withhold or deposit tax and reporting errors
- Record retention requirements – how long must an employer keep the forms
Who Should Attend-:
- Payroll Professional
- Public Accountants
- Tax Compliance Officers
- Enrolled Agents
- Employee Benefits Administrators
- Officers and Managers with Payroll or Tax Compliance Oversight
- Company / Business Owners
- Managers/ Supervisors
- Public Agency Managers
- Audit and Compliance Personnel
** You can buy On-Demand and view it multiple times as per your convenience.