Are you confident your organization is in full compliance with Federal immigration laws, or are you at risk for being assessed costly fines, or worse, for potential violations?
In an effort to control illegal immigration, in 1986 Congress passed the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). The IRCA was enacted to legalize approximately three million undocumented immigrants, while at the same time, attempted to deter future undocumented immigration. In order to be in compliance with IRCA’s directives, all U.S. employers must complete a Form I-9 for each employee hired after November 6, 1986.
It is a violation of Federal immigration law for any employer to knowingly hire employees who are not authorized to work in the United States. The Federal Form I-9: Employment Eligibility Verification, is used by employers as a record of their basis for determining eligibility of an employee to work in the U.S. The form is maintained by the employer and made available upon request for inspection by officials of the Department of Homeland Security, The Department of Labor, and the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration Related Unfair Employment Practices.
This webinar will give you the tools to make sure that you are compliant in all areas of the Form I-9. Employers and staff will benefit from this webinar and help reduce legal costs from not properly handling an I-9.
Areas Covered in the Session
- What is Form I-9 and who must comply?
- Changes to Form I-9 in 2021
- Exceptions for completing and retaining Forms I-9
- Employer and employee responsibilities when completing Form I-9
- Common Form I-9 errors
- Procedures for correcting errors & omissions
- Form I-9 retention rules
- Form I-9 Internal and External Audits
- Levels of violations
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement Audits
- Inspection Notices
- Consequences of non-compliance
- E-Verify system
- I-9 and E-Verify: Know the difference
- E-Verify rules & procedures
- States with current E-Verify laws
- E-Verify self-audits: Key steps
Why Should Attend?
- Understand the recent updates to the Form I-9
- Understanding the new I-9 requirements for individuals working in the US on temporary work visas.
- Review section by section of the form
- Review what the requirements are to keep form I-9 electronic
- How to avoid mistakes in the I-9 process from document abuse to discrimination
- How to handle Audits in regards to the I-9
- Review of taking SSN Cards and what you need to know
- Understand electronic I-9 requirements
- Understand proper processing of each section of the Form I-9
- Review of anti-discrimination laws and how employers can protect themselves
Who Will Benefit?
- Senior Management
- Human Resources professionals
- Payroll professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Recruiting professionals
- Operations Managers
- Managers & Supervisors
** You can buy On-Demand and view it as per your convenience with lifetime access.